Need to find a home for a dog

Hi All,

This is a hard one,,, a friend of mine has cancer, she is not well, and
it's looking like we are going to have to find homes for her 3 dogs.  I
think I have found homes for 2 of the 3, but need one more home.  The dog
we need to find a home for is from Brier.  He is a brother to our Meg, he
will be 5 on January 18, 2002.  He is neutered and in good health, a bit
over weight but that is easily fixed.  He is a real big boy and as dark red
as they come.  Looks just like his mother Peaches who is on our front page
www.briergoldens.com

At present this is not set in stone as family is having to work with noted
friend to help her realize that the dogs need to be placed.  The dogs are
not in any danger, and have been well cared for, however friend is now in
need of being cared for and family is not able to do both.  We are dealing
with a situation here where the friend is a 53 year old widow and her 84
year old mother is going to be caring for her.

So heads up, that we are going to be looking for a placement for this
boy.  He gets along well with other dogs and has no health problems
requiring attention other than he is going to have to go on a diet.  Or I
assume he is heavy as he was last winter when we had to take the dogs
because of illness.  I will be bringing him here to Brier probably with in
the next couple of days and would be wanting to place him as soon as
possible.  Not that we don't love him but we want him to be settled in some
place permanent without to much of a transitional period.  Please contact
me privately if you or someone you know might be interested in meeting this
dog.

Please do not cross post this post or pass it along, as my friends privacy
is important to her and to me, and the internet is a small world. I would
rather if you know of some one who might be looking for a mature dog that
you either give them my e address and ask them to note to me Meg's brother
or give them my phone number: 503-981-9442

Thanks for your help,

Gina
mailto:gina@briergoldens.com