RE: Milka's worms & Lori Q reply GH

I am so sorry to hear about your mom, Gina. When it rains, it pours!  To make it a bit lighter, you can focus on my neurosis because I am now convinced after reading the web link you sent that I will contract the worms.  My husband and staff today pointed out nicely (or not so nicely) that I am a hypochondriac (spelling unsure) and unless I eat Milka's poop not to worry.  Thought you'd be amused.  I still think our best way to get Osama is to drop Milka's poop down on him....Wormy is lying here next to me and not amused....Well off to play......
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-brierpups@fast.cs.utah.edu [mailto:owner-brierpups@fast.cs.utah.edu]On Behalf Of Gina Heitz
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2001 9:44 PM
To: brierpups@fast.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Milka's worms & Lori Q reply GH

At 09:26 PM 11/8/01 -0500, you wrote:
Gina,

I remembered the great book (aka Milka's binder) much later in the day.  First, I had to freak out over the yucky worm in my little Milka's poop!!!  I'm having a stressful week at work and so first response was call the vet in a panic and bring the poop in....Alas, after reading the great book, I feel much better....Milka and I have just had a great round of fetch and of course watching hockey (that's for you Ilene)... :) Karin and Wormy

Ha Ha Ha!  Yes always best to spaz out when your already stressed.  I am also sure Milka aka Milkweed which leads to Wormy,,,  saved this poop to be done for you knowing you were stressed.  This is part of dogs!  This is also meant to be totally humorous!

Stress do I know stress???  I wish you could all hear me laughing as I type...  Thanks for the much needed let down of my shoulders!!!  I had not made a note to you all but my mother passed away on the 23rd and that too has had me down.

Lori wrote:

>>  Gina,
Thanks for the info---should we be doing the Interceptor
if there is no sign of round worm? I take a fecal in when
we do shots--no sign of bugs--but have not had him wormed
again. He goes in tomorrow for rabies, etc. No sign of
worms in the few presents he leaves for us in the house
these days either! We have little incidence of heart worm
in this area so none of the dogs are on heart worm meds. <<

Lori,

See what your vet has to say, but my stance is that puppies get into so much that it's normally a given that they get parasites, rounds, whips, are most common.  Whips are very hard to find on a fecal for some reason, therefore I do recommend follow up worming and my vet has always wormed my pup's when I use to have them do the shots etc.

 Also just FYI on the heart worm, I asked the Cardiologist the last time I was in what their recommendation is?  They told me it's creeping north from CA.  18 new reported cases in Eugene dogs who do not travel.  Mine travel so we are on no bones about it.