healthy goldens

Hi all-
I would just like to add my two cents re Gina's requests.  After experiencing an early death of an unhealthy golden, I am in total support of what Gina has asked us to do.  My initial response to the clearances was, ouch that's a bit of money.  But one of the primary reasons I wanted a Brier golden was Gina's honesty and concern for the health of the breed.
I was raised with goldens, and it's upsetting to see all the health problems develop as the breed has become more popular.  I am so thankful that there are breeders like Gina who want to do whatever possible to maintain health standards.  There are never any guarantees that a dog won't have problems, but I feel good to know I can contribute even a little to producing healthy goldens. Sorry if I sound preachy but this issue hits close to my heart.
Peggy
PS I'll send a Katie update one of these days....She's doing great and sends her love to her sibs, and wants to know if there's ever a family reunion planned :-)