Dog in need

Hi All,

This just came across another list I am on.  The warning about the graphic pictures is real, but I personally can not just send this note to the trash without sharing here with all of you who I know care deeply about warm fuzzy bodies.  I am not participating in the raffle but am sending a check directly to help Bailey to Hearts of Gold Rescue in TX.  All rescues are worth while causes, as you all know Judy and I try to do our small part here in Oregon when and where we can.  This puppy though needs us, he needs us all...  If you don't want to go look at Bailey and want to just trust my word here, here is his story in short, below Mary' message and link to Hearts Of Gold.

At 05:34 PM 9/3/01 -0500, you wrote:
Hearts of Gold Rescue is having a kool raffle, Kool Dry (that is) plus a pendant from Ida Marino, a beautiful cross stiched golden and 2 round trip tickets to anywhere Southwest Airlines flies.  For info go to www.heartsofgoldrescue.com
banana1@airmail.net

>> Bailey is a young male puppy who was taken to the pound for euthanasia by the emergency clinic because the owner declined to take on the responsibility of his medical treatment. He was badly burned and the medical fees will be considerable. A client of Josey Ranch Pet Hospital saw Bailey and could not turn his back on the injured puppy so he bailed him out of the pound and took him to the clinic. His wounds are healing but the bill is already over $600. It is estimated that the final bill, with a big discount, will be over $1500. The couple who saved him want to keep him but need some help with the hospital bill. You can help by sending a check directly to the clinic or if you would like your donation to be tax deductible you may send a check to us. In both cases please note on the check that the donation is for Bailey. <<

Address for contributions:

Hearts Of Gold Rescue
6905 Wildglen Dr.
Dallas TX 75230

On yet a somber but a happier note, you all may recall Rosie who came to stay with us June 1st as her human mother passed away.  Rosie was fortunate in that she had a support system in place, her owner had made sure that she had a home in the event that something happened to her, something everyone needs to do...  One hitch was that her new home is in New York, so Rosie came to stay here at Brier for 3 months until transportation could be arranged for her to go to Teri.  Friday the 29th almost exactly 3 months after her arrival Rosie flew east with friends of Teri' and is now in her new home very happy and adjusting well!   Teri will be sending pictures when she finds the time and I will share with all of you...

Big hugs,

Gina