Re: night two

At 07:38 AM 9/3/01 -0700, you wrote:
I can't believe it - night two with only a couple of whimpers!
Peggy AKA the brat :)

Question - Katie's poops look fine, but she's straining pretty hard - puppy grunts and all.  Is there something I should do?

Hi Peggy,

Glad to hear that night two was as well uneventful.  The kibble should be enough of an laxative but perhaps not.  You might give her a carrot today as a treat, she will play with it for the most part and it will come out in chunks [the other end] as dogs don't process them well, which is why I had you guys pulverize them in the meat balls, but extra fiber is always a good idea when one is thinking constipation.  Also get some volume of fluids into her, chicken broth, yes good old  mothers cure, "Jewish penicillin" heals all that
ails. :-)  Just warm up some broth and set it down, she will probably suck up a lot so be prepared for several trips out.  I did this with the litter to be sure that they were getting lots of fluids with the meds and hey it does work!