Katie

Hi all-
We have Katie home and I'm totally in love...  She wasn't real thrilled with the long car ride, but she'd just fidget and whine a little and then settle back down.  We got home and all the animals came outside to check her out.  Kip, our 16 year old border collie mix isn't too thrilled.  She growls at Katie whenever she goes near her - but no snapping or aggression.  I just feel sorry for Katie cause she wants to play.  But she's great - just backs off when Kip growls.  The best news is the cats!  NO sign of aggression - they both approach her and touch noses.  Katie's starting to push the envelope a bit now, but all the cats do is back up, give her a dirty look and lift a paw.  Katie seems to get it and backs off.  I'm sure there will be a slap at some time, but all my worries about killer cats are put to rest.  I'm so thankful!  When I put Katie in her crate last night she started screaming -  well I guess you'd call it whining and yipping.  I thought we were in for a rough night - but after about 5 minutes she turned her back to me and went to sleep.  She slept all night and woke up when I turned on the light.  No messes!  I can't believe it.  She's finally asleep after playing, so I'm taking the opportunity to write chapter 1 of the book - The Amazing Wonderful Katie Dog.  Stay tuned for chapter 2.
It's great reading the emails from the other new parents.  What is this, a magic litter or something?  I've never known a puppy to sleep through the night it's first night home.  Gina you and your kids sure do produce incredible puppies.  I am curious if those of you that have had the puppies two nights had the same response the second night.  Hope you all don't mind long winded emails...
Peggy