RE: puppy food

Peggy,

I'm glad there is another one of me!  I've been in total nest mode too.  Yesterday I put all the toys for Milka in her toy box and got that ready.  I'm also taking pseudo-maternity leave in that I'm going to do a mix of working at home and slowly adding time away at work for Milka to get used to it.  Thanks for the meatball idea.  I went last night to buy a food processor and was wondering the same thing because our freezer is the narrow kind!  Thank goodness for this listserv!  Only about 24 hours for me :)
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-brierpups@fast.cs.utah.edu [mailto:owner-brierpups@fast.cs.utah.edu]On Behalf Of Peggy & Kurt
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2001 12:42 AM
To: brierpups
Subject: puppy food

Hi all-
Re Gina's turkey meatballs - for those of you like myself who own a side-by-side fridge with a freezer too narrow for cookie sheets I have a suggestion.  I went to Goodwill and got 6 ice cube trays (actually needed 7), put the food in those and froze it.  Presto - next day I had "ice cubes" of puppy food.  I'm getting so excited about bringing Katie home!  Only problem is I'm so focused on that I'm having trouble staying in the present and I'm doing stupid and forgetful things!  My co-workers are getting a kick out of my pre-puppy chatter and nesting.  I'm taking next week off - maternity leave - and if Katie is up for it I'm taking her into work Thursday for a puppy shower.  This is what happens when forty-something childless people get a puppy.  Yes Gina I've got the water boiling...
Ilene - thanks for posting pictures - what a cute bunch of puppies.  Hadn't heard from you in a while and was starting to worry.  Patty - I love hearing golden stories.  I just hope you all don't mind my chatter..
Peggy