Woobies, continued......

OK, when woobies become evil -- the photo attached explains it all.  This is
our Austin as a pup (on the left) and Chelsea on the right -- after the two
of them decided that this basketball woobie was evil & must die!  Notice the
hole in the woobie (basketball) -- from which all the white stuffing was
being pulled out and strewn all around!  This is BIG fun for goldens!

While all goldens do NOT find woobies to be evil at all (our Chelsea & Austin
seem to think that woobies are bad creatures & must die).  Our Jake on the
other hand is very GOOD with his woobies -- he loves his woobies & takes good
care of them... so he can "nurse" on them!  And you will also find the
occassional golden that is not interested in woobies & balls (rare, but it
does happen).  Our Michelob is one of these creatures -- he is happy as can
be with just his nyla bones & an occassional kong stuffed with goodies.  But
balls, pool toys & woobies -- Michelob just is not that interested!

Here is a link to some plush toys sold by Source Menagerie:
http://www.dogstuff.com/pagesother/suptoy1.htm  (check out the "Chubby Mice"
on this page -- you can get 6 in different colors for a total price of $20.95
-- which is a GReat buy & the goldens LOVE these chubby mice!)

Here is another link for some smiley face woobies sold by one of the rescue
groups:
http://www.loveagolden.com/Woobies.htm  (also reasonably priced & very cute!)

One last thing about woobies, if you get the kind with the squeakers in them
-- some of the goldens think these type are especially "evil" and they must
destroy the woobies to get the evil squeakers out of them!  If you see this,
remove the squeaker and throw it away, as it probably is best not to be
swallowing these!

-Yanna

JPEG image