Woobies!

Hi,

I've been away from my 'puter for a while & had out of town company!  So, I'm
finally getting around to sending you a little ditty about Woobies.  Rather
than try and explain what a "woobie" is, I've included some very good links
below that give a complete definition of a "woobie" (as described by a golden
retriever of course)!

Actually, a "woobie" is any soft plush toy that our wonderful goldens love to
carry around in their mouths.  Some woobies become evil and therefore must be
destroyed immediately!  Watch out for those *evil* woobies, as they can leave
woobie "guts" everywhere!  One of the links below also explains "The Legend
of the Evil Woobie".  Woobies are usually the toys you can find in Petsmart,
Petco, all the doggie catalogues, the dog shows, etc...  (a dog's stuffed
animal)!

Walmart used to carry these stuffed pillows that were in the shapes of
basketballs, soccerballs & footballs and they made for GReat doggie toys.
Unfortunately, they haven't carried them in a few years.  Attached is a photo
of my Jake at about 7 months old "nursing" on his soccerball woobie!  Another
GReat place to get woobies for your golden kids is garage sales.  Look for
the kid's old stuffed animals.  Just make sure to remove any pieces of the
toys that could be broken off and ingested as harmful to your dog (hard eyes,
buttons, moveable parts, etc...)  As the toys can be quite expensive in the
pet stores, garage sales can be a GReat way to go!  Trader Joe's (if you have
one nearby) -- sometimes carries soft plush dog toys for very reasonable
prices too!

A little more in my next post!  But check out the links below & the attached
photo of my heart-dog with his woobie!

-Yanna

Blaze's Woobie World:

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Meadows/3389/woobies.htm

What's a Woobie (definition of woobies):
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Meadows/3389/whatsa.htm

The legend of the Evil Woobie:
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Meadows/3389/legend.htm

JPEG image