RE: Nylabones and doggie treats

Is it ok to leave a pup in a crate with the nylabone unsupervised?  Our dogs
never had them and so I just don't know how they break down.  Thanks!  Karin

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-brierpups@fast.cs.utah.edu
[mailto:owner-brierpups@fast.cs.utah.edu]On Behalf Of Gina Heitz
Sent: Saturday, August 04, 2001 4:17 PM
To: brierpups@fast.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re: Nylabones and doggie treats

>They also have a hard type of nylabone that it takes
>my dogs---both heavy chewers---months to wear
>down.  We buy them new ones every 9 months or
>so.  They come in lots of flavors and the dogs seem
>to like liver best so far.  The nice thing about them is
>that they don't make a huge mess like beef bones
>do so I can allow them in the house and they keep
>the dogs occupied.
>
>Not sure what you think of these, Gina.

These are fine, they are regular Nylabone "flavored" so to speak.  Also
with the original Nylabone you can boil them in chicken beef  or vegetable
broth to add flavor.  I learned this from a friend who runs a boarding
kennel.  She doesn't like to give a dog something another had been chewing
on but likes to provide for her "guests", so she boils them between uses.

Gina