Re: Nylabones and doggie treats

On the nylabone issue---there are two types that
I have seen.  The edible ones that don't even last
five minutes for Bo and do definitely cause loose
poops.  We found this out when my cousin gave
him one as a treat on a ride in her van.  He smelled
awful and had to go out in the night---very unusual
for him unless he has gotten into the fruit trees!

They also have a hard type of nylabone that it takes
my dogs---both heavy chewers---months to wear
down.  We buy them new ones every 9 months or
so.  They come in lots of flavors and the dogs seem
to like liver best so far.  The nice thing about them is
that they don't make a huge mess like beef bones
do so I can allow them in the house and they keep
the dogs occupied.

Not sure what you think of these, Gina.  We really
like them.  On the snack/cookie topic--Bo loves those
little carrots but he also likes raisins, graham crackers
drive him wild, grapes, bananas, apple---we haven't
found a people food yet that he won't eat.  The benefit
on these snacks is that they are readily in the house,
we know what's in them and they don't make the dogs
itchy like milk bones sometimes will.

Just my two cents---Take care all, Lori

Gina Heitz wrote:

I would not worry about returning the nylabone, Milka will enjoy it and it
won't harm her, but they are not healthy snacks as they clam to be. She
probably won't destroy it too quickly.  I may not have been to clear on
this.  What I meant was that eating a full one of these in like 5 minutes
as some dogs can and do I have found can cause GI upset, [the shits]...  I
bought a bunch of those before I started feeding the raw diet thinking I
was giving the dogs a healthy treat only to have like 9 dogs with the shits.

Rawhide, Pigs ears, Cow hoofs, edible nylabone or other brands of such.

My best recommendations: carrots, cookies in moderation, home baked liver
bars, ice cubes, apples, just about any fruit or veggie in moderation...

G :-)