Re: ....Questions.....

  Hi Peggy, I usually keep quiet but in this case   I am compelled to reply
because we seem to be in the same boat.  Hi, this is Jan, mom of Kryten and
Ripley.  They are both old enough to go to daycare. They go on Tues and
Thurs. The other 3 days we have a service, Kritter Kare of Portland. They
come and let the dogs out and play with them, it is a half hour visit.  Yes,
both my husband Chuckles and I work days full time. (oops, Charles, it is the
wine talking).  This may sound silly but since I don't have the greatest
attention span, I don't remember where you live.   Anyway, it seems to be
working out well..  We play with them as much as we can but somehow I still
feel guilty about leaving them  in the creates.  That was the big dilemma
before we got the first one.  Both have the routine down well.   Wish we
could leave them in the yard. It is fenced in but they dig and judging from
the trenches they create, it wouldn't take long to dig out of the yard.  We
are in the process of learning how to train the dogs (beginning with Kryten)
using behavior modification... So far it is working.Haven't gotten to the
digging yet....I guess I may have gotten off of the subject.
I could talk about these guys all day, we don't have kids either. (they are
our kids).  :-)
Oh, I should mention, I had the luxury of taking the dogs to work when we
first got them, I was able to observe how long they sleep, play etc.  We have
found that our guys can adapt .