another new member...

Hello everyone-
My name is Peggy Goldberg and I am another excited new parent of one of Gidget's pups.  I know if I don't say much, Gina's going to ask me to introduce myself, so here goes...  I live in Olympia WA with my husband Kurt, our 16 year old border collie mix, and two cats -Lopez and Matia (named after two beautiful San Juan islands).  I grew up with goldens and have owned 2 myself.  My first - Kiva misled me into thinking goldens didn't need much training!  Housebroken in 2 weeks and one round of obedience with an ignorant owner.  She literally trained herself!  She lived to be 13 and was a wonderful girl.  My last dog - Murphy (another girl) was a different story.  A bit more headstrong and smarter than me...  Not a well trained dog, but one the sweetest funniest goldens I've known.
Murphy is a sad story.  She was diagnosed with inflammatory bowel disease at the age of one (thought to be hereditary by my vet)  She was on prednizone her whole life, I cooked her a special diet, and was always monitoring her poops.  But she was my baby and I did whatever I could to give her a happy life.  Last winter she was diagnosed with a fungus in her nose - very rare.  We found an internist in Tacoma who had treated some cases of it.  Unfortunately with her weak immune system, Murphy didn't respond to treatment.  I had to put her down last month at the age of 7.  Very traumatic time.  Last time I lost a golden I waited a year to get another.  This time it feels important for me not to wait.  Believe me, I've questioned whether it's too soon. But it feels right and important for me not to wait.
I got my other goldens from backyard breeders, and I was determined this time to search for a reputable breeder and wait as long as needed till I found one.  I discovered Gina's web site and was impressed by her dogs and what she had to say.  I called her and after 10 minutes on the phone I knew where my next pup would come from.  I f Gidget's litter had been to small. I would have waited for Gina's next breeding.  I've been reading the emails from you all and know I don't have to sing my praises of Gina to you!
What a lot of great info in your emails!  I've gone to the website they're posted on and am about halfway through.  I keep stopping to print some off for my puppy file.  I feel like I've gotten to know you all some through doing this.  Perhaps that's why I'm writing my whole "golden life story" right now.  I'm remembering an email about not writing too long of messages...uh oh... And I really did intend to be brief...  Well thanks for "listening".  I'm thrilled to be getting one Gidget's pups, and excited to be a member of the Brier family.  I've got lots to learn and it's nice to know you all are out there with your years of experience and wisdom.
Peggy