Hips/Ebows...

Hi All,

Trying to set in motion our group effort here on screening...  This is a letter I just sent out to the GDC:

http://www.vetnet.ucdavis.edu/gdc/gdc.html

Dear GDC,

I am a breeder of the golden retriever.  Most of my dogs are placed in pet homes consequently screening has been done at a minimum.  I have made a choice to now require that all dogs from my program be screened for at the very least hips and elbows.  I have  had an overwhelming favorable response to this from my group of homes.

In the interest of a lot of factors, I would like to ask the GDC to consider becoming involved here with this project.  Whom should I address?

We are at this time talking about prelims on some dogs under the age of 2 and going back on some dogs over 2.  The numbers that we would be submitting should be about 15 to 20 per year depending on my breeding activity moving forward.  There may be a significant initial number of submissions say 40 to 50 dogs  this year as we go back on past breedings.

Thanks for your time,

Gina Heitz
Brier Golden Retrievers
mailto:gina@briergoldens.com