Re: How's Boomer doing? GREAT!!

Deb, Boyd and Boomer,
Our thoughts, prayers and well wishes are with you all!!!
Sounds like Boomer is bouncing back like a trooper.
Please keep us posted on his recovery.
We are thinking of you here in Vancouver, WA

Patty and family............

Deb & Boyd McFail wrote:

Hi everyone,

I thought I would give you guys an update on Boomer and his progress after surgery. He's doing very well! Boom had the first of two TPO's (triple pelvic osteotomy) on Thursday the 17th and got to come home on Friday the 18th. I cried myself to sleep that night I was so worried for him, he's never been away from home overnight (I'm such a woosy)

He came through it just fine and was very happy to see mom, but also very heavily sedated. Poor guy looks like a poodle who met a chainsaw, there is no hair left on 1/4 of his poor skinny body, noonies included, although I think they should have gone ahead and shaved them completely rather than leave half of his noonies with hair and half with no hair. They were heavy handed as well so the poor fellow has clipper burn in several rather, ahem, shall we say 'delicate' areas?

Boomer walked on the leg that had surgery right away and in fact balanced his weight on that leg to poddy. !!@@!! I was astonished! We have a ramp for him covered in heavy black matting so he won't slide about coming or going from the decking, and of course it's mandatory that he's on leash at all times when outside of his crate. One huge crate in the living room with the family and another, bigger one, in the bedroom with us at night. No jumping, running, or being silly although when he picked a toy up this morning at 5:30am on the way outside to poddy and began to 'woooo woooo wooo' with it my heart was glad to see a glimpse of the young lad again.

So, we are here for the summer. No shows early in the season, no side trips, no camping until late in the season, if then, at the Palmer dog show in August.  Boomer's stitches come out in 2 weeks and the 2nd hip surgery will be scheduled then. Hopefully at that point I'll be an old hand at this, but it is sure hard to know what is the best road to walk with this kind of surgery. I've done a ton of talking to folks, and hours of research and learned a great deal.

So, we here in the North are wishing the best of summer's joys to each and every one of the Brier families and I would send wishes for loving sweet puppy growth but I already know every one of these guys are loving and sweet and delightful! Keep those stories coming, lol.... I'll live through you guys for awhile (g)

Debs and Boomer

ps.... that BOULDER!! wow.. Miss Maple.. my eyes bugged out! that's one heck of a rock you carried there!! Rosie and I were very impressed as it beats HER biggest rock by a long way, lol.