New people

Hi All,

This is from Stacy at: mailto:stevens3@mindspring.com

Stacy will no doubt be joining our list, as she is on the list for the up and coming litter's...  I just knew all of you would like to see that I got to say see Puppy FAQ!  Yesss!!!  You all know how much I like to say:  See Puppy FAQ!!!  <grin> ans since the ONe litter has not gotten one See Puppy FAQ I just had to share... <snicker>   I have sent Stacy to the archives and told her that once we have puppies she should join, also told her she may hear from some of you privately...  Now you all be NICE!

G :-)

Hi Gina!

I'm wondering if you have a food and water dish bowl/system that you recommend for feeding?    <snip>

Hi Stacy!!!  <grin>  Have you been to my puppy FAQ pages yet?  You should <grin> http://www.briergoldens.com/puppyinfo.html  I need to do some updating but most of this info still works...  On water bowls, I suggest a heavy ceramic crock they can't pick these up.  On food bowls, a 2 to 3 qt stainless is good.  I don't suggest the heavy dog food bowl shaped ones with the rubber on the bottom as while they don't slip around and that is nice they are expensive and since you won't be free feeding your puppy see puppy FAQ  http://www.briergoldens.com/puppyinfo.html you won't be leaving the bowl on the floor.  If you do puppy will be dragging it around and dropping it in you lap.

Leash:  see Puppy FAQ: http://www.briergoldens.com/puppyinfo.html

Oh, also what about nail clippers, and dog shampoos and brushes?

See Puppy FAQ pages <grin> http://www.briergoldens.com/puppyinfo.html

 And for the crate see puppy FAQ pages: http://www.briergoldens.com/puppyinfo.html  But hold off on buying a crate, I get a huge discount on them and usually those needing a crate I go by them and pass them on at cost about $50.00 for a Large size: equilivant to a 400 as noted in the Puppy FAQ: http://www.briergoldens.com/puppyinfo.html  as the correct size.

I'm wanting to get a sheepskin bed pad for inside, do you know what size I should get?

See puppy FAQ pages for crate size/type http://www.briergoldens.com/puppyinfo.html

I suggest that buying a bathroom rug that you like is much more cost effective as puppies/dog usually just wad them up in the corner and like to sleep on the colder surface of the crate.  Even in the winter, and these pup's will be going home when? <grin>

Nothing like "20 questions" already this morning, eh???

nothing like having most of this pre done, see puppy FAQ: http://www.briergoldens.com/puppyinfo.html

 Can you tell I have this week off because of spring break??   Don't worry, Kyle and I have other fun stuff planned for this week, too!  Hee!  I'm trying to get some things ahead of time, so it won't be too much of a "shock" to the 'ole pocketbook.   Oh, and please let me know any other recommendations you may have.

Biggest recommendation:  see puppy FAQ http://www.briergoldens.com/puppyinfo.html and stop buying, just put some cash in a tea pot for now and window shop.  The worts place to buy things for a dog is at a pet store...

Thanks for your help!

See puppy FAQ: http://www.briergoldens.com/puppyinfo.html

Stacy
(gotta go get one of those "wiggle-giggle" balls!  What a hoot!)

Supervised only toy, see puppy FAQ: http://www.briergoldens.com/puppyinfo.html

Do you get it yet?  Ha ha ha...  I hope you see the humor in this!!!  It really is meant to be funny...

You might want to go to the archives of the Brier puppy list and spend some time reading.  There is a wealth of info there.  Once we have pup's you will want to join the list, it's a very helpful friendly place all the people on this list have Brier dogs.  Here is the address for the archives:

Web Access:
All of the email sent to this list is archived in HTML format at:
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~stoller/brierpups/mail/

I am off to bed, long day...

Gina

PS:  I am sending this post to the list, you may get some e mails from others that have dogs from us...  :-)))