on a sad note...

Good Morning All,

Yesterday 03-03-01 "Jo"  Am-Can-Jap Ch. Edgehill Nautilus Calypso Jo WC, OS, SDHF at age 10.5 passed away. Jo impacted many of our pedigrees here at Brier, starting with Scarlette as she is a Jo granddaughter.  As well as Gidget who is also a Jo granddaughter and SeaJay a great grand son through Scarlette.

Jeff who lived with and loved Jo reports that Jo lived a full life and that he did not suffer, he slowed down the past few months but enjoyed life to it's fullest.   There is no official diagnosis, but
Hemangiosarcoma is suspected as they found multiple tumors in his liver, heart, lungs and spleen.

To explain Jo's titles:  He was a Champion of record (conformation) in three countries: America, Canada and Japan.  As well as a  Show Dog Hall Of Fame an honor bestowed to him by the GRCA for his win record.  OS: Outstanding Sire, again a honor bestowed by the GRCA for his out standing production of dogs both conformation and titled in working.  WC, yet another GRCA title/honor Working Certificate for his ability to retrieve.

The Love Song litter: (Scarlette's first litter sired by Harley: SeaJay), the Moon litter: (Scarlette X Triple) and One litter:  ( Gidget X SeaJay) serve as a tribute to Jo and what he has given to the breed!  Through SeaJay I hope to tribute Jo with an Am/Can conformation title and hopefully a WC/JH.  So far his UCI title, his RBISBBE X2, his group placements 1X2, and one group 2 all in UCI, his AKC CGC, TDI working cert, and his 7 points in Canada are a good start.  In the Moon litter there is both TRiX and Rocket who as well will be shown/worked.  In the One litter it's too soon to say but we do have high hopes for Ditto and anyone else who cares to jump onto the band wagon...

  All more the reason we all need to work hard to get those CGC's this summer!  Once the test is completed and the list is complied I will send it onto Jeff to honor Jo in our own little way.

This morning I did send Jeff a short note and a picture of Ditto to console him in his loss and to hopefully give him a smile...

Hug's,

Gina