Intro's

Good Morning All,

Yes it's 4:30 AM,,,  I just sent George off with Sam to PDX.  It's always
hard to say good bye but that last one going on the flight just really is
the kicker!  Boo hooo...  We are going to miss Sam but know that he is
going to have a wonderful life with Katherina and Kevin up in Wasilla.  I
do hope that the Alaska crew will all get to meet Sam and those with
digital camera's will visit with him frequently!

<smile>

It was no easy thing to get Sam cleared for take off...  The snow ball that
turned into the mountain has been over taken but my goodness...  Last
Friday when WB vet could not see the pup's when I needed them to be seen I
shagged them out to Aloha Vet and I forgot to get Sam's health cert.  Aloha
vet was great about putting it in the mail to me on Monday arrived on
Tuesday, ok fixed right?  NO!  Wed we had the earth quake and Alaska Air
could not make reservations for Sam's flight.  Thursday they told me they
were not going to fly pet's this week as Seattle is their hub and
ect...  So I called and I called and I called, line was busy for well over
an hour Delta and Delta to the rescue but with Delta you must always have a
cert of acclimation Alaska doesn't require them this time of year, so no
acclimation cert...  After a few conversations ( heated) with WB vet I
called Aloha and the Office Manager faxed over to WB a cert.  <snicker> and
by oh 11:30 AM yesterday I has Sam all set.  WRONG!  WB vet's fax was
down....  <sigh>  By 1:30 I finally had the cert in my hand.  Oh don't
forget Thursday was also a work day....  Talk about wanting to SCREAM!

  All is well that ends well though and by 2:40 PM this afternoon Sam
should be in Katherina's arms!  That is provided there is not yet another
hitch along the way!  There better not be!!!   Sam is going to have a
longer flight but still not as long as Rocket or Ember as he has to go to
AK via Salt Lake.  I would have much preferred to send him Alaska Air, but
one has to just go with the flow some times...  I also think that Alaska
Air is acting prudently with this policy even though Sam would have not
ever touched down in Seattle, Seattle is their hub and right now I guess
things are not 100% there.  After shocks can often be worse than the
original quake and the foresight here makes me feel good.

Will let everyone know when I hear from Sam and Katherina. Also hopefully I
can get caught up this weekend and get back to a more normal life (for a
short time that is)  as Scarlette came into season this week also and yes
we are going to make more Moon babies.  IIene and I are both going to be
doing breedings in a couple of weeks...  IIene is breeding her Skully to
Ember's father and this time is keeping a puppy No we are not getting one!
<smile>

Flash, George just called he is at the Airport safe and sound 10 minutes
before Delta opens. More later,

Gina