A Brier Digest

First the Puppies: "One" Litter

Everyone is doing great!  They had a tummy upset yesterday but completely over that now.  Did a fecal (check for parasites ect) yesterday at the vet and all clean.  The weather has been fantastic so the babies have been spending some time outside and boy do they love that.  This will be great for Sam who's going to Alaska, at least he will remember what grass is.  Talked to Katherina today and they have that same foot of snow that Deb got.   I started adding dog food into their meals today also.  Lunch was kibble and for dinner they had cooked ground turkey, goats milk, yogurt, kibble and yams.  Yum... The yams help with the food change and keep the poops solid.

In fact tip:  I always keep a can of pumpkin or yams around to feed if poops get loose or to hard.  These foods help balance things out.  Just add two tablespoons for a small puppy under 20 pounds and over 20 pounds about 1/2 cup up to a cup if they are full grown, if you have off poops and the dog is not sick.

Rescue:

We got back one of the rescue puppies this past weekend, the family is having a second baby and does not have the time to have a puppy and a new baby.  The up side is we had a qualified applicant in the wings, and Coby is going for a trial run (he won't be back) on Saturday.

Bingo in Juneau AK was adopted today!  Linda and Perry put a lot into spreading the word about Bingo and their efforts have paid off for Bingo.  You can se Bingo's web page at:

http://www.chezor.alaska.com/Bingo3.htm

Linda and Perry are very active with the humane society in Juneau and are working on starting up a Golden Rescue in Juneau.  As well they are very active in an All Breed Club helping train in more areas that I can recall, including basic grooming and Pet Therapy programs, CGC: Canine Good Citizen certification...   My hat is off to them, and to Bingo!!!

Well that's about all my news for now,

Gina