Re: ROCKET!!

At 07:33 PM 1/16/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi everybody!
>  I have exciting news to share. Rocket went today for a prelim OFA hip
>x-ray. He received an EXCELLENT!!!!! Dr. Mos said that they don't even
>come tighter or deeper.

Well we are glad to hear this!  Triple as you know is one of those 11%
dogs. :-)  I am extreamly please that Rocket is following in his fathers
foot steps there!

But some of the credit goes to IIene too!  She has made sure that Rocket
has maintained a good weight, is not over or under exercised.  Very
important with any large breed of dog.  I don't think you can create hip
dysplasia but I do believe you can acerbate a situation that might be mild
therefore making matters worse.  As some of you know I can be quite the
pill about over weight puppies and or adult dogs.  This is exactly why!

A side note to this is that Dr. Mos who IIene uses for her hip x-rays is at
MSU and his wife is the breeder of our Haus. :-)  Here is quite an
interesting link to their site a bio on Mos.
http://www.24kgsd.com/about_us.html  If you go to:
http://www.24kgsd.com/sara.html you can see pictures of Haus as a baby and
another dog you all know too!   The puppy who just looks pathetic on the
purple rug, that's Haus too!  That was the first photo I ever saw of
him...  And,,, at:  http://www.24kgsd.com/puppy.html Yup you got it more
Haus.

Sorry IIene, I didn't mean to steal your Thunder...  Go Rocket Go!  Do I
smell jet fuel?