Re: [xsmith-dev] [Error 004] After update Racket to the newest version

TUO ZHAO <u1129777@utah.edu> writes:

> Here is what I did:
> 1) `wget https://mirror.racket-lang.org/installers/7.6/racket-7.6-x86_64-linux.sh`
> 2) `chmod +x racket-7.6-x86_64-linux.sh`
> 3) `./racket-7.6-x86_64-linux.sh`, select all default settings, and for emulab I change the path to
> `./racket` which is the current directory I'm in
> 4) Then I added `racket/bin` to PATH so that I could call `racket`
> 5) Then I clone the latest XSmith: `git clone https://gitlab.flux.utah.edu/xsmith/xsmith.git`
> 6) `cd xsmith` and `make`
>
> After all those steps, I run the example and get error.  I attached more
> details output with this email, as well as the example I run (which I just
> copied from the XSmith doc
> (https://docs.racket-lang.org/xsmith/index.html#%28part._.Minimal_.Example%29).

The problem, likely, is another version mismatch :-(.

  * You are using the current version of Xsmith from git.
  * You are reading the documentation from the "public release" version of
    Xsmith.

Xsmith has changed enough since the last public release that the documenation
for the public-release version isn't right for the git version.

To find the documenation for the git version Xsmith, install Xsmith (your step
6) on your system.  Then go to a shell and type:

  raco docs

This should open a web browser window/tab.  Scroll down to find "Xsmith" and
click on it.

Once you do that, you'll see that the example program has changed!  Try running
that example program.  Does it work for you?

Thanks ---

Eric.

Eric Eide <eeide@cs.utah.edu>  .         University of Utah School of Computing
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~eeide/ . +1 (801) 585-5512 voice, +1 (801) 581-5843 FAX