Re: [Testbed-admins] Weird VLAN behavior with rapid swaps

I have a testbed where if we rapidly swap experiments in and out we
have problems in VLAN configuration.  This happens approximately
1-5% of the time we are performing a lot of swap in/out.  The issue
occurs on a variety of different network configurations.  The
problem seems to be that the port configuration on the switch are
placed in the correct vlan, but the vlan table is incorrect. (based
on what is in the Emulab configuration tables) The experiment
network switch is a Catalyst
6506.  Has anyone else run into this problem before?

I have not heard any similar reports ... Can you provide additional
detail on the discrepancies between the vlans table and the switch?
Also, are there are experiment modifications, or are there just
swapins and swapouts involved.

I guess I am asking you to dump the vlans, lans, lan_attributes,
lan_members, lan_member_attributes, and ifaces table for the
experiment in question. :-)

And of course, what revision of Emulab are you at? You can just dump
the version_info table and send that along ...

Lbs