Re: [Testbed-admins] How to de-archive a user?

Leigh Stoller wrote:
I accidentally archived a user, is there an easy way to reverse this
process?

Hmm, there is no reverse process (at this time); when you archive a
user, all of the tables are cleaned out, except for the users table,
where the state is changed from active to archived. I suppose one
could change the state back to active, and then run

mysql> update users set state='active' where uid='user' and state='archived';
boss> wap tbacct add user

which will make a new homedir for the user, new keys, new certs, new
everything else.

But I have never tried this ...
Lbs

Leigh,

This appears to have worked. The user was also in a weird half approved state into a project so I had to delete them from that table, then reapply. The archived home directory got left around, so I just moved the few necessary user files back by hand and deleted the extra directory. I'll test it out a bit and report back if I find anything acting weird. Thanks a bunch!

-Jonathan