Re: [Testbed-admins] pcapper not listening...

Mike Hibler wrote:
In fact, we did recently see this.  You can download:

  http://www.emulab.net/downloads/pcapper.diff

hmmm... my browser can't seem to find that file...

The relevant part of the patch is this:

        /*
         * Create a socket to listen on, so that we can tell remote
         * applications about the counts we're getting.
         */
-       proto = getprotobyname("TCP");
-       sock = socket(AF_INET,SOCK_STREAM,proto->p_proto);
+       sock = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, 0);

which gets rid of the call to getprotobyname (yes, it is hanging in there).
Let me know if the patch works for you.

I made the above change by hand, but what is the proper way to build a new pcapper?

Thanks,
--
Eric