Re: [Testbed-admins] Minibosses

This sounds like a very good idea, but I'm confused about the
statement about using ops. Also, I would include a checksum for OS
images, so that the client can tell if the miniboss somehow has a
stale image, and fall back to the real one.

Oops, I meant boss (which, at least in our testbed, serves the
images it sees on ops/fs via NFS and hands them out via
frisbee/http). Although..  it might be worth considering, for
widearea support, running a ftpd or small httpd on fs/ops to hand
out these images - it seems like an odd choice to make boss be
involved in handing out those huge files if boss has to access those
same images via NFS behind the scenes anyhow (although I guess the
shared images are actually on boss).

I agree that it might be a good idea to have ops hand out non-shared
images, but you have to control access somehow. We would not want to
hand out images unless you had a "credential" for that image.

Lbs