Re: [Testbed-admins] Multiple MFSes

Well they are of different types. And thats exactly what i did. But It works partially.

1. If i tried to load the MFS manually typing loader:/tftpboot/nos/freebsd (my new mfs) on PXEboot it works
2. node_admin on pc1 or os_load which uses frisbee both fail on errors

Creating Multiboot goo
Kernel Command line /tftpboot/nos/freebsd --
Multiboot info (flags: 0x5)
Load failed, err = 79
Server specified boot failed

Any suggestions ?

cheers,

Hussam
(Hussamuddin Nasir)

Netlab Operations Team
Laboratory for Adv. Networking  Phone  : (859)218-0059
James F Hardymon Building       Fax    : (859)323-3740
301 Rose Street, Rm 202         E-mail : nasir@netlab.uky.edu
Lexington, KY 40506-0495        Web    : http://www.netlab.uky.edu

                       University of Kentucky
                       **********************

Leigh Stoller wrote:
 I have a situation where in we have some machine that do not have a
serial port  And the MFSes that have comconsole enabled just hang on
these machines. If i have vidconsole enabled then i cannot use the
console on those machines that have serial ports enabled. Can i have two
versions of MFSes working simultaneously. I tried this by putting them
in different directories and even different names and made the relevant
additions in the database but it did not work. (i could only get the
ones with the default name to work). Any suggestions ?

Hi. Currently, the specific MFS to use is associated with the node
type. In red-dot mode, go to your nodecontrol_list.php3 page, and
click on the type. You will see dropdown menus for the admin MFS and
the frisbee MFS.

This assumes that these nodes are different node types. If they are
the same, then either you have to make up a new type for them, or do a
little hacking inside the system.

Lbs