[gits] Branch Help

I looked at your repo.  Keep scrolling down in the log and you'll
start to see the recent emulab-devel commits.  The branch-specific
additions are effectively tacked on the end of the branch you rebase
on to.  The divergence message has to do with the rebase, and is
normal - I've seen it many times.