[gits] Finding info in git history

My favorite version is the ?git pickaxe?:

    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1337320/how-to-grep-git-commits-for-a-certain-word

Basically, you just add ?-Sfoo? to your ?git log? command line, and you a list of only changes that involved the string ?foo? (which can actually be a full regular expression if you want, though I rarely use it that way.)

(This is the second answer on the stackoverflow thread that Eric pointed to, but I find it to be a lot easier to use than the first answer on the thread.)