[gits] Two Branches, same name

Grr.  I thought I had it, but not quite.  Revisions inline.

First: you might want to do this in a temporary clone, just so that in your
main repo, you don't have to deal with the consequences of adding Keith's repo
as a remote.

	Eric> You can pull Keith's branch and give it a different name in your
	Eric> local repository.  For example, suppose you want to call your
	Eric> copy of his branch "kaptui":
	Eric>
	Eric> 	git remote add kdownie git-public.flux.utah.edu:/blah/blah/blah

At this point, add

# This fetches a *lot* of branches...
git fetch kdownie

	Eric> 	# Make a branch "kaptui", tracking remote "kdownie/aptui", and
	Eric> 	# switch to the "kaptui" branch.
	Eric>
	Eric> 	git checkout -b kaptui kdownie/aptui

There is something going on here that I do not quite understand.

Eric.

Eric Eide <eeide at cs.utah.edu>  .         University of Utah School of Computing
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~eeide/ . +1 (801) 585-5512 voice, +1 (801) 581-5843 FAX