[gits] Magit: Emacs Mode for Git

For us heretics who use vim, fugitive.vim is also awesome:

    https://github.com/tpope/vim-fugitive

It gives you commands like :Gwrite, which both writes the file and stages it, :Gblame which has nice blame support, :Gcommit, etc., and also has an option where it will show you status in the gutter showing you which lines are different relative to the latest committed version.

For zsh (I?m sure there are analogs for other shells), this is fantastic:

    https://github.com/olivierverdier/zsh-git-prompt

When you?re in a git repo, it adds useful stuff to your prompt, like which branch I?m on, if I have any uncommitted changes, any commits that I have not pushed up, etc. Only downside is that on truly huge repos, like the FreeBSD source, it can bog down sometimes. Fine for ?just sort of huge? repos like emulab-devel, though.