[csmith-dev] Compilers bugs in different architectures

Dear All,

I have a question w.r.t. csmith to tell cross-compilation to different architectures. First, I want to catch bugs the do not crash the compiler but that result in a wrong code generation of the target program that I want to compile. Let’s say that I want to cross-compile to a different architecture X, is it sufficient to run the generated binary program with qemu-user- mode for that architecture X ? I mean, of course this introduces the possibility that, when a bug is detected, also qemu-user-mode may be responsible,  but that’s another story. Am I missing something else?

Best Regards,

Alessandro