[csmith-dev] Using csmith for generating focussed crashes

Hello,

In our team at Cisco, we are looking towards making testcases for our crash analysis tools. Csmith is a useful tool for generating code for testing compilers. We are investigating different ways of generating binaries that would crash and result in a core dump. Csmith offers us a great base for this purpose.

I would like your feedback to get an idea and pointers on how to modify Csmith. Our goal is to generate C code using csmith that when compiled successfully and executed may result in a crash. Please also let me know of any known work that you may know of, already done in this regard.

Thank you,

Ali Shuja Siddiqui