Re: [csmith-dev] Adding StatementWhile in Csmith

Is there a particular need for generating while-loops? We considered the question at the very beginning of implementing Csmith, and decided to use for-loops to represent all sorts of loops (while, do-while, etc.) which are different at the language level, but are normalized to the same form at the IR level. We believe generating both for-loops and while-loops would find marginally more bugs than just generating for-loops alone.

-Xuejun