Re: [csmith-dev] Query On Csmith

MD TANIM HASAN <tanim.sqa@gmail.com> writes:

> I need to generate C program using Csmith and need to devise methods to
> increase coverage.  Could you please suggest me the proper way?
>
> The way I did was as follows:
> Csmith --concise -o csmith.c
> gcc -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage csmith.c
> Gcov csmith.c
> Gedit csmith.c.gcov

[This is a repeat of the answer that I previously emailed.]

The commands that you included in your email suggest that you are trying to
obtain coverage data about the randomly generated program itself --- i.e., how
much of the randomly generated program is actually executed.

Is that really the data you are trying to obtain?

I want to point out that this is different than (1) measuring the coverage of
GCC from compiling the generated program and (2) measuring the coverage of
Csmith when it generates a program.

Can you say why you are interested in obtaining coverage data of the generated
program?

Thanks ---

Eric.

Eric Eide <eeide@cs.utah.edu>  .         University of Utah School of Computing