[csmith-dev] Summary of Notable New Features (Re: Upcoming Csmith Release)

> The recent "buzz" seems to have tapered off, so I'd like to push this out next
> week.

Here is a summary of the new features since the previous official release.
Have I overlooked any "notable" features?

-----
Notable improvements/changes since the previous release:

  + Supports CMake-based builds (in addition to Autoconf-based builds)

  + C++-related command line options:
      + `--lang-cpp`: generate C++-compatible programs (default: no)
      + `--cpp11`: generate C++11-compatible code (default: no, so C++03)
    (Thanks to Natalia Glagoleva!)

  + Miscelleanous code-generation command line options:
      + `--[no-]global-variables`: allow/disallow global variables (default:
        allow)
      + `--[no-]const-struct-union-fields`: allow/disallow const fields in
        struct and unions types (default: allow)
        (Thanks to Natalia Glagoleva!)
      + `--strict-float`: disallow assignments between floats and integers
        (default: allow)
      + `--fast-execution`: bias Csmith toward generating faster programs

  + Fixes for choosing the random seed on various platforms

  + Various improvements for compiling under MS Windows

  + Numerous bug fixes
-----

Eric.

Eric Eide <eeide@cs.utah.edu>  .         University of Utah School of Computing