Re: [csmith-dev] checksum for floats

Hi Yang,

Thank you so much! Yes, I can now restart the differential testing that I was doing, and hopefully the next thing we find will be a compiler issue.

Faraz.

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 2:42 AM, Yang Chen <chenyang@cs.utah.edu> wrote:
Hi Faraz,

Thanks for bringing this up. When --float is passed, programs generated by Csmith are not supposed to be undefined-behavior-free. The big issue falls into the same category as you mentioned - possible overflow due to converting a large floating-point value to an integer value. I believe there must be some other overflow cases besides the one that you pointed out.

I just pushed a commit trying to fix your particular case. Hopefully it would meet your need and unblock your work at the moment. Thanks.

- Yang