Re: [csmith-dev] Variable Names in the Comments of Function Definitions

Chengnian Sun <chengniansun@gmail.com> writes:

> I notice that the comment of each function definition contains the names of
> the variables that are being read or written in the function. However, this
> set of variant names seems to be a super set of the variants that are
> actually being manipulated.
>
> My question is whether it is possible to make this set precise? The following
> is an example. The global variant g_618 is not used in the function func_34.

John Regehr already answered the main question about precision, but I'd like to
add:

The function that you included (`func_34') calls other functions.  I bet that
one of those, or their callees, may read or write global `g_618'.

Eric.

Eric Eide <eeide@cs.utah.edu>  .         University of Utah School of Computing
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~eeide/ . +1 (801) 585-5512 voice, +1 (801) 581-5843 FAX