Re: [csmith-dev] Generated code does not compile: undefined reference to `safe_rshift_func_uint16_t_u_s'

Thanks Eric. The make failed. Then I installed m4 and ran make (did not ran configure again). That lead to incorrect build I guess.

Shafiul Azam Chowdhury
PhD Student and Graduate Research Assistant
The University of Texas at Arlington

On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 4:41 PM, Eric Eide <eeide@cs.utah.edu> wrote:
Shafiul Azam <ishafiul@gmail.com> writes:

> First time when ran "./configure" I indeed did not have m4. Then I installed
> m4 and built it, but NOT running "./configure" before issuing the "make"
> command.  Do you think that's why it got built wrong?

You need m4 to build Csmith correctly.

When you didn't have m4, the `configure' script should have failed, and/or the
`make' should have failed.

I will experiment with this to see if we are failing to fail correctly :-).

Thanks ---

Eric.

Eric Eide <eeide@cs.utah.edu>  .         University of Utah School of Computing
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~eeide/ . +1 (801) 585-5512 voice, +1 (801) 581-5843 FAX