Re: [csmith-dev] Query on runtime/ headers from glibc

	Shakthi> I would like to know if there are any specific reason(s) to
	Shakthi> copy header files from glibc into runtime/ rather than using
	Shakthi> them from glibc provided in *nix distributions?

Csmith doesn't just target compilers that run on Unix/Linux platforms.

In the past we've wanted to test compilers for embedded platforms, for example,
and as I recall some of those had inadequate stdint headers.  I don't remember
the exact details off the top of my head --- I can look back through the commit
history if it is important.

Basically, copying the stdint headers freed us from an external dependency on
those headers, which was good for at least some cases.

Eric.

Eric Eide <eeide@cs.utah.edu>  .         University of Utah School of Computing
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~eeide/ . +1 (801) 585-5512 voice, +1 (801) 581-5843 FAX