Re: [csmith-dev] How to use test_csmith.pl

"Shakthi" == Shakthi Kannan <shakthimaan@gmail.com> writes:

	Shakthi> Since test_csmith.pl was available in the sources, I thought
	Shakthi> we could run it against the built binary when building csmith
	Shakthi> for multiple architectures. If it is not required to be used
	Shakthi> by others, I will not include it in the shipped package.

For the sake of everyone's sanity, I'd suggest that the Fedora-fied source
package contain exactly what is in the output of `make dist', which is what
you'll find here:

	http://embed.cs.utah.edu/csmith/csmith-2.1.0.tar.gz

And a binary package would contain exactly what is installed by `make install',
I guess.

If this isn't possible for some reason, maybe we can address the problem to
make it possible.

I'd rather not be in the situation of having the Fedora package be greatly
different than what we distribute, which leads to questions about which
distributions people are using when they report bugs, etc.  We already have
enough problems with that, asking people to specify git commit hashes.

My $0.02 ---

Eric.

Eric Eide <eeide@cs.utah.edu>  .         University of Utah School of Computing
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~eeide/ . +1 (801) 585-5512 voice, +1 (801) 581-5843 FAX