Re: [csmith-dev] feature request: generate memory unsafe code

	John> The purpose of these features is to test static and dynamic
	John> memory safety checking tools.

The words that come to my mind are "mission creep."

This sounds pejorative, but I don't really mean it to be so.  Testing the
checkers is good.  It's just not what Csmith is designed to do now.

For me, the more general question is how to best deal with the increasing
number of options that we and other people want.  I think that this requires
some thinking, before the options get completely out of hand.

Eric.

Eric Eide <eeide@cs.utah.edu>  .         University of Utah School of Computing
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~eeide/ . +1 (801) 585-5512 voice, +1 (801) 581-5843 FAX