Re: [csmith-dev] Large local arrays

> Perhaps the right solution is a command-line option limiting the size of any
> given array?  Certainly people using Csmith to test embedded compilers will
> need this (probably in addition to options limiting structs, and limiting
> total memory usage of the generated code).

A single setting for all arrays (both local and global) may well be enough.

For desktop computers, I asked and it turns out that modern platforms
are more sophisticated than I thought:

http://stackoverflow.com/q/5543330/139746

With the automatic growth method that seems standard according
to these answers, there should be no issue when setting
the single setting to a high value.

For embedded environments, both stack and data segment would be
limited to about the same order of magnitude,
so again, a single setting would be fine.

Pascal