Re: [creduce-dev] question on creduce usage

(I didn't get Dan's message directly - perhaps it's still out in the ether...)

On 2020.08.06 16:55, John Regehr wrote:
Can you also bootstrap gcc with address sanitizer?  That might help detect the error more reliably...?
This is a good idea.
A pointer please?  I'm not sure how to approach this.

Also, in my experience, restarting creduce runs from scratch after improving your oracle script etc. is kind of part of the territory...
My test.sh is only

#!/bin/bash
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -Os -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -std=c++14 -fPIC -m64 -pthread -finline-functions -Wno-inline -Wall -fvisibility=hidden -DBOOST_ALL_DYN_LINK=1 -DBOOST_ALL_NO_LIB=1 -DNDEBUG -c -o instantiate_predef_macros.o instantiate_predef_macros.pp.cpp > gcc_out.txt 2>&1
grep "stack smashing detected" gcc_out.txt >/dev/null 2>&1

so there isn't much to change. I suppose I could try removing some of the parameters, but I don't personally understand them well enough to know if they will affect the outcome. I suppose I could try a manual creduce on the command line itself :-)

Jack