Re: [creduce-dev] halfempty algorithm for creduce?

I did a creduce vs. halfempty benchmark at some point. These were my results:

"""
Same input (739 bytes C++), ~same test script, 1 vs 32 threads (on 32 cores).

Halfempty speedup = ~2.7 (-63%),
creduce speedup = ~8.7 (-89%).

at 32 cores the two programs were within 8 seconds of each other (!),
whereas on 1 core, halfempty took 7m27 and creduce took 22m57

The final file sizes were:

460 bytes for halfempty,
317 for c-reduce
"""