Re: [creduce-dev] A reduction attempt that creduce handled poorly, where delta was able to make progress

Hi Tony, thanks for the note and the examples.

That's a pretty serious interestingness test you have there!

One thing that might be going wrong is that C-Reduce is running multiple processes in parallel and they are cd-ing to /opt/llvm/whatever and stomping each other. Can I ask you to re-run this reduction while telling C-Reduce to use just one CPU?

But also I'm not sure I understand the purpose of this reduction. If you're making an LLVM source code file smaller, compiling it, and running it, then aren't you going to get killed by undefined behaviors introduced by the reducer?

Merging multiple source files is non-trivial! I don't have a good way to do that for C++. For C I use CIL:

https://github.com/cil-project/cil

John