Re: [creduce-dev] Close to New C-Reduce Release

> Eric, I was trying to build C-Reduce using g++ and it failed.  This can't be
> correct behavior.  This has always worked in the past.

Ah, I misunderstood.  I assumed that you expected the test program to be built
with clang++.

I see that the problem that is causing your configuration to fail is this:

  g++: error: unrecognized command line option '-Wcovered-switch-default'

...which isn't supported by GCC, and so it fails.  If your builds worked until
now, I would assume that this option was recently introduced into your
installation of LLVM.  Did you recently update the version of LLVM that you're
compiling against?

I have been testing C-Reduce against prebuilt LLVM 3.7 binaries, which don't
seem to have been built with this option.  (Plus, I've been building C-Reduce
with clang++-3.7 as well, which would grok the option.)

If this option has become a default for source builds of LLVM 3.7, then yeah, a
lot of people are going to stumble over it, and we'll need to compensate.

I will check this by doing my own from-source LLVM 3.7 build, but I won't be
able to do this until tomorrow.

Eric.

Eric Eide <eeide@cs.utah.edu>  .         University of Utah School of Computing
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~eeide/ . +1 (801) 585-5512 voice, +1 (801) 581-5843 FAX