Re: [creduce-dev] CReduce to reduce tests at link time

Balaram Prakhyath Makam <mbprakhyath@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi devs,
>
> I was wondering if we could use C-reduce to reduce a test case at link time?
>
> More specifically, if we have 2 functions foo and bar in module 1 and module
> 2 respectively.  If foo inlines bar and then I run my custom LLVM backend
> pass that optimizes the inlined code, is there a way using c-reduce to reduce
> a test that crashes in the customized pass?

If you can write a script that determines when the compiler/linker crashes in
your customized pass, then yes, you should be able to use C-Reduce to find a
small input that leads to such a crash.

Writing that script is up to you!

Eric.

Eric Eide <eeide@cs.utah.edu>  .         University of Utah School of Computing